click images for sources.
Archive for December, 2009
holidays are inching closer and closer and to be frank, my head’s already there. these pictures pretty much sum it all up – lots of lazing around, swimming, spending time in the countryside. ok macking onto a hot guy probably ain’t gonna happen but a girl can dream.
- melody day – caribou
- see the leaves – the flaming lips
- spinnin’ – speech debelle
- home – edward sharpe & the magnetic zeros
- cast off crown – deerhoof
- coast of carolina – telekinesis!
- satellite skin – modest mouse
- knotty pine – david byrne & dirty projectors
- blood, pt 2 – buck 65
- neighbourhood #3 (power out) – arcade fire
- little lion man – mumford & sons
- take another little piece of my heart – dusty springfield
all images via last.fm.
kick things off with a breakfast of white beans on toast at a minor place in brunswick.
then shopping for vintage clothes and antiques in fitzroy, starting at industria on getrude st.
admire some wall graffiti by miso
tuck into some fine french wine with the tuna tartare with crushed green pea salad from cumulus on flinders lane.
finish off the day with tapas and drinks at movida next door.
and finally stumbling into a big, cushy bed at the brooklyn arts hotel.
probably the only time i might ever make a post about a car. but how wickedly 80s is this? via design you trust.
1. füri kitchen knives; 2. retro radio, compatible with ipods; 3. vintage oil painting and cat ring holder from supermarket sarah; 4. an owl statue, not necessarily this one; 5. keepcup and slice of organic life book from biome; 6. ceramic crockery from mud australia; 7. replica hans wegner wishbone chair; 8. stripey beach towel from country road; 9. milky blue ashtray (though new years resolution really should be to quit smoking!)